When you give to Hospitality House of Tulsa you are helping us meet the everyday needs of those staying with us as well as providing for things we need to keep everything running smoothly.
Donations That Make A Difference
Your contribution to The Hospitality House of Tulsa will help to ensure that families have a supportive and affordable place to call home while their loved one receives medical services. A medical crisis can create unimaginable hardship in the life of a family and families must struggle with many personal, emotional, spiritual and financial challenges. We try to ease their burdens by providing a low cost “home away from home” ($40/night suggested room donation with family assistance available). No family is turned away due to inability to pay.
Adopt A Day
- Ensure that our doors stay open to these hurting families each and every day.
Shelter 25 Families
- Shelter 25 Families for one month
- or purchases cleaning supplies for one year
Shelter 100 Families
- Shelter 100 Families for 2 weeks
- or provides meals for all of our families for 3 months.
Adopt An Apartment
- Cover the operational expenses of a one bedroom apartment for one year
- Help multiple families during that time.
- *For your convenience, this gift may be given in monthly increments of $416.00 a month.
What Donations Go Towards
The Hospitality House of Tulsa depends on donations from individuals, community organizations, and businesses. If you, your company, or church would like to partner with us in building a healing home for those facing medical crisis, please look over these various ways to help!
Cash donations are contributed directly to the operational needs of our homes and guest suites so we may continue providing the following services to families in medical crisis:
• 13 Guest Suites that include living areas, warming kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms
• Day Room – Available for showers, laundry, napping, and meals
• Evening meals available when provided by volunteers
• Prayer Support
• Community Connection
• Washer and dryer for individual use
• Local telephone calls and Internet access
• Health & Caregiving Education
• Transportation assistance to/from hospital
The following In-Kind donations are also needed to provide meals and supplies to the families we serve:
- Fresh Fruits – apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, etc.
- Bottled Water – for guests at the Victor houses and the Hotel Extension Program
- Fresh or Frozen Casseroles – used for meals to serve to guests
- Single Serve Snack Items – applesauce, breakfast bars, fruit cups, granola bars, snack packs, nuts, crackers, cookies, etc.
- Single Serve Meal Items – spaghetti, canned soups, stew, lasagna (non-refrigerated), cereal, oatmeal, etc.
- Snacks for Apartments – peanut butter crackers, popcorn, canned soup, Slim Jims or similar, any dry pantry items
- Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies – quick oats, self-rising flour, white sugar, brown sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla, butter flavored Crisco
- Coffee – Folgers or similar
- Individual serving creamer cups (Mini Moos or similar)
- Clorox Wipes
- Scrubbing Bubbles
- Isopropyl Alcohol – 91% or higher
- Blue painter’s tape
- Dishwashing Soap – small pump bottles for apartments
- Aerosol Lysol
- Bleach – for cleaning and laundry
- Febreze – air freshener
- Laundry Soap – regular and HE detergent
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Soft Scrub brand
- Unused Travel Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, lotion, face soap
- Duffle bags or reusable shopping bags
- Box Kleenex
- Trash Bags – kitchen 13 gallon and 33 gallon size
- Plastic cutlery – forks, spoons, knives (prepackaged for Hotel Extension Program rooms)
- Plastic and Paper Ware – plates, bowls, coffee cups with lids, cold drink cups
- Plastic Wrap
- Gallon and Quart size Ziploc bags
- Sandwich bags
- Divided 3-compartment hinged-lid styrofoam meal containers (clamshell containers)
- Round 8oz. and 16oz. styrofoam containers with lids
- Blank Greeting Cards (all occasions) & Thank You and encouragement cards
- Note pads or Post-It notes
- Ink pens
- 8.5″ x 11″ plain white copy paper
- 1/3-cut tab manila file folders
- #10 window envelopes – white
Your Donations Meet Needs
There are numerous items that we are consistently updating on our list of needs as we cycle through them. When you give towards Hospitality House of Tulsa your needs go towards whatever we have listed here. We find it most easy to receive donations for these items since the list is constantly changing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Volunteer?
The first steps to becoming a volunteer is by contacting us and expressing interest. Take a look at our various opportunities by visiting our Volunteer page.
Can families make reservations at Hospitality House?
We operate on a referral basis from healthcare professionals associated with all Tulsa Hospitals. Please talk with a case manager, nurse, physician, or hospital chaplain about your family’s need to stay in Tulsa near your hospitalized patient. The healthcare professional can then call our main number at 918-794-0088 and place your family’s name on our waiting list.
Who can stay at Hospitality House?
The Hospitality House of Tulsa serves family members of inpatients hospitalized in any Tulsa hospital. The family and patient must live farther than 30 miles outside of the greater Tulsa area to qualify to stay at Hospitality House. Outpatients and their caregiver may also stay at Hospitality House, but must live farther than 50 miles outside the Tulsa Metro area.
How much does it cost to stay at Hospitality House?
In order to keep our services available to over 1,000 families each year, the following room donation policy has been adopted for our facilities and programs:
- Suggested Room Donation is $40/night for the first 5 nights. After 5 nights, suggested donation rate drops to $30/night.
- Guests who are not able to afford the suggested room donation amount will be asked to complete a Family Assistance Program questionnaire to help determine the level of room discount they qualify for. The qualification questions and income tables are based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines. Their application will be reviewed by Hospitality House staff and determination of their suggested donation amount will be approved the same day.
- The minimum room donation amount is $5.00 per night.
- No one is turned away due to inability to pay.
Any Other Questions?If we didn’t answer all of your questions,please feel free to contact us anytime!