Hospitality House of Tulsa is a Christian faith-based nonprofit that provides lodging, meals, and prayer support for families traveling in medical crisis. The Guest Services Associate provides support for the mission of The Hospitality House of Tulsa by staffing the Welcome Center, performing routine housekeeping duties throughout the Welcome Center and rooms, assisting the Family Care Coordinator, assisting guests through the taking of referrals, answering phones, checking families into and out of rooms, ministering and providing for our guests needs, data entry, training and coordinating volunteers during the afternoon as well as assisting with family programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer Telephone
• Check in / Check out families
• Receive Room Donations
• Data entry and provides data for reports
• Finishes reports for “end of day”
• End of day – checks and secures Day Room and Welcome Center
• Locks Welcome Center and sets alarms before leaving
• Makes sure that Welcome Center is “ready” for the morning staff
Assisting Family Care Coordinator
• Assistance maintaining census information
• Communicates with social workers, chaplains, nursing staff, physicians, and other referring parties to admit and assign apartments to families. Keeps apprised about families & their medical and social situations while respecting confidentiality and privacy.
• Assistance with maintaining the waiting list.
• Meet with guests during their stay to identify their needs and recommend new activities, programs, or ways we can assist them.
• Assist the Family Care Coordinator in ensuring that the needs of the guests are effectively and efficiently met.
• Community Connection services – contacting rural communities to request assistance for families as they return home from their stay at HHT. Also, requesting opportunities to assist our guests with the Community Connection program.
• Perform luggage handling procedures, room checks, stock supplies in rooms.
• Offer prayer support to guests and update prayer request cards.
• Visits with guests in the hospital setting when appropriate or requested by guests.
• Help manage the Day Room guest activities, check-ins, checkouts, etc.
• Promotes the concept of “home away from home”
Volunteer Coordination and Training
• Communicating and assisting in the coordinating, scheduling, and training of volunteers.
• Communicate with volunteers concerning responsibilities and needs.
• As needed, assist volunteers in preparation & delivery of the Meals of Love
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing prayer support for guests and volunteers
• Perform daily routine housekeeping and room cleaning duties as needed
• Communicate and assist with Housekeeping to ensure rooms are ready for guests in an efficient time frame including laundry. Notify supervisor of problems or hazards
• Filing, data entry and other office work
• Help manage and balance petty cash
• Reports directly to the supervision of the House Manager.
• Assist House Manager to ensure guest’s needs are met in an efficient and effective manner.
• Assist with fundraising events, including serving on a committee and working at events.
Education / Work Experience/ Values Requirements
• Personal core values exemplified and equivalent to the organization’s Christian values and tenants.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• Proven experience in project management, balancing multiple projects, and working on a team
• Experience working with a variety of people under stress
• Strong problem solving and crisis intervention skills
• Strong communications skills (verbal, written, and email)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• High School Diploma Required
• 2 year or 4 year degree from accredited college or university preferred
• Must be able to regularly walk, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 35 pounds. Need use of both hands to grasp and carry supplies and packages.
• Should have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment.
• Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with good driving record required.
• Willingness to jump in and help team members in a variety of situations.
• Non-profit, hotel, ministry, healthcare, or customer service experience a plus
This is part-time hourly position. Schedule would be 5 days a week, Saturday, 9am – 5pm, Sunday, 1pm – 5pm, 3 Week Days 8:30am – 1:30 pm
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.